This policy will reflect the application of the Wisdom Values in the area of Privacy.
The Wisdom values are:
- Professionalism in everything we do, setting and maintaining high standards of service.
- Innovation in developing creative solutions to meet our clients’ goals.
- Honesty in providing advice and in all our services.
- Respect for all people.
- Humility in understanding our role with our clients and guiding us to continually learn and improve.
This policy will guide the preparation and application of our procedures – How we do Stuff…. This policy reflects Wisdom’s philosophy of applying leading practice in all areas of our business. In terms of privacy, Wisdom applies the 13 Australian Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988.
- Privacy Principle 1: Open and transparent management of personal information
- Privacy Principle 2: Anonymity and pseudonymity
- Privacy Principle 3: Collection of solicited personal information
- Privacy Principle 4: Dealing with unsolicited personal information
- Privacy Principle 5: Notification of the collection of personal information
- Privacy Principle 6: Use or disclosure of personal information
- Privacy Principle 7: Direct marketing
- Privacy Principle 8: Cross-border disclosure of personal information
- Privacy Principle 9: Adoption, use or disclosure of government related identifiers
- Privacy Principle 10: Quality of personal information
- Privacy Principle 11: Security of personal information
- Privacy Principle 12: Access to personal information
- Privacy Principle 13: Correction of personal information.
Wisdom will only collect personal information that is necessary for us to provide our services and perform our business functions. We will provide information to our clients as to how they may contact us and access to their personal information
Use and disclosure
Wisdom will only use the information collected for the purposes for which we collected the information. If we plan to use the information for a secondary purpose (such as marketing) we will seek permission to do so. Wisdom will not disclose personal information to any unauthorised third party. Wisdom is required to release some information to government agencies as dictated by its statutory requirements.
Wisdom will aim to ensure personal information collected is complete and up-to-date.
Wisdom will implement measures to ensure personal information collected is stored securely and protected from unauthorised access. This includes procedures around data security on mobile electronic devices such as iPads and iPhones.
This policy sets out Wisdom’s approach to managing the personal information collected and used in our business. This policy is available to be accessed by anyone who asks for it.
On request Wisdom will advise clients, staff and suppliers what sort of personal information we collect and store and for what purposes we use that information.
Access and correction
Wisdom will provide access to an individual’s personal information upon request except in circumstances as set out under this section of the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (these details are set out in the Wisdom procedures on accessing personal information).
Wisdom will not apply an identifier to individuals that has been assigned by a Government agency.
Client, staff or supplier anonymity is not practicable for Wisdom to provide its services
Transborder data flows
Wisdom will not transfer personal information to persons or organisations in a foreign country unless permission is granted by that individual.
Wisdom will only collect sensitive personal information with the permission of that individual.
The Wisdom Team is responsible for the implementation of this policy.
The CEO is responsible for monitoring and reviewing this policy.