Certificate IV in Government Investigations
The PSP40416 Certificate IV in Government Investigations is designed to build and develop the skills and knowledge required to plan, initiate, conduct and finalise an investigation in a government or regulatory compliance environment.
- Enhanced skill and capability development in your investigations role
- Learn and apply ethical and legislative requirements within your workplace
- Directly improve practices through using ‘real world’ examples in activities and assessments
- Share experiences and knowledge with other participants, potentially building key relationships
- Learn from experienced facilitators who will share their investigations and public sector management expertise and work closely with you to develop your skills and achieve your qualification
- Achieve a nationally recognised qualification
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be issued with the PSP40416 Certificate IV in Government Investigations – Wisdom Learning RTO number 88062. Fifteen units of competency are required for this qualification, 6 core units and 9 elective units:
- PSPETH002 (core) Uphold and support the values and principles of public service
- PSPINV001 (core) Plan and initiate an investigation
- PSPINV002 (core) Conduct an investigation
- PSPINV003 (core) Finalise an investigation
- PSPREG003 (core) Apply regulatory powers
- PSPREG012 (core) Gather information through interviews
- BSBWHS201 (elective) Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- PSPREG005 (elective) Assess Compliance
- PSPREG008 (elective) Act on non compliance
- PSPGEN043 (elective) Apply government processes
- PSPGEN038 (elective) Identify and Treat Risks
- PSPREG010 (elective) Prepare a brief of evidence
- PSPREG015 (elective) Receive and validate data
- PSPGEN029 (elective) Value diversity
- PSPLEG002 (elective) Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
The full fee for the PSP40416 Certificate IV in Government is $4,500 (GST free) including all program materials, assessment, resources, venue and related costs. However, funded training opportunities* are available for eligible participants.
Fees paid in advance
Wisdom do not collect fees paid in advance from individuals of more than $1500. If you are an individual enrolling in this training program please ensure you select the ‘Tentative Enrolment’ option. As an individual fee paying participant Wisdom requires an initial payment of $1500 to be paid in advance of your training program. Please proceed to complete the enrolment process and a Wisdom team member will contact you to arrange payment of the $1,500 deposit and confirm your enrolment.
Funding may be available for staff and managers through ACT Government funding initiatives - ACT User Choice funding for the delivery of Australian Apprenticeships. Australian Apprenticeships in the ACT are funded by the ACT and Australian Government.
Wisdom is an approved training provider of Australian apprenticeships/traineeships in the ACT. This means employers may be eligible for Government subsidies that will meet all or part of the PSP40416 Certificate IV in Government Investigations course fee. Eligible participants will pay a compulsory tuition fee of $350. Additional fees may be applicable for employers to meet any gaps between the course fee and the subsidies available. The additional fees for PSP40416 Certificate IV in Government Investigations is $410 for a participant who is a new employee to the organisation* and $2,790 for staff who are existing employees of the organisation**.
Participants who successfully complete the program and achieve their qualification will also be eligible for a $300 completion incentive payment from Skills Canberra. Contact the Wisdom team for more information on eligibility and traineeship opportunities for User Choice on (02) 6257 8588 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org
*Under User Choice funding a new worker is defined as a person who has been employed within an enterprise for less than three (3) months full-time or twelve (12) months part-time or casually prior to commencing an Australian Apprenticeship.
**Under User Choice funding an existing worker is defined as a person who is currently employed (outside of the New Staff definition).
As you will no doubt be aware there are current restrictions on movement and gatherings in social and professional settings. In regard to the training of this program, we will deliver workshops digitally if Government restrictions prevent face to face delivery. We will continue to monitor the unfolding situation and keep registered participants informed as we get closer to the scheduled date of the program.
Wisdom Learning RTO number 88062
|Name||Course Start Date||Cost|
|Certificate IV in Government Investigations 28 April 2020||28/04/2020||$4,500.00|